I lovingly call it a bird lobby because it is a deceiving little bird hotel. It really is only one room in there. My boys and dad think that's funny. It came from my dad.
I have to give my mother-in-law credit for this fascination. When we would visit her house she would like to talk about the birds in her yard. She really liked to watch for hummingbirds and even have hummingbird feeders. At first I didn't see the beauty of it all, now I do. Getting older really makes you appreciate the simple things in life. Thank you mother-in-law.
Now THIS is a bird house!! I would love to have one of these! Maybe that would keep them off my porch! :)
ReplyDeletei thought for sure the first comment was going to be from "cynthia". Oh well...guess i was wrong. i remember when we were first married and we bought our first house. i was so excited when i would look out the window and see all kinds of birds. all i saw at our apartment complex was a parking lot. it was a nice change and one of the many perks of our first house.
ReplyDeleteLovely birdhouse! I saw a hummingbird yesterday at my new house...I need to get some feeders up.
ReplyDeleteHey...I you need to go check out my blog! I have a surprise waiting for you! Congrats!!!
Jackie