This past weekend we had friends to come over for a cookout. I really look forward to doing these things. However, I can never seem to get ahead. I started first thing in the morning getting the house company ready. We had utter CHAOS-can't have anyone over syndrome. About 15 minutes before they were due to arrive, I still had not dusted the hallway furniture, changed my clothes, nor put my makeup on (a necessity). So...I asked my oldest to please dust the furniture in the hallway. I watched him as he liberally sprayed the cloth and air with pledge. It drifted gracefully to the floor. In my busy state of mind I continued on in pursuit of getting the kitchen presentable, forgetting the pledge slicked floor. OK, this was the moment to quickly get changed and put some makeup on. As I started off down the hardwood hallway IN SOCKS, I was quickly reminded of the pledge. I fell so fast that I didn't have time to consider the best way to land this fall. I received two bruised kneecaps, a bruised chin, and I wasn't sure if I was going to have teeth (they hit really hard). Before I got up, I had this song on my mind, no kidding!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZOCKecSzqY
My husband told me later that it sounded like someone picked me up and actually threw me down. This little accident has made me so sore, but I bet it was totally hilarious to see.
i had to laugh! although i must say, i'm not surprised. tell, your oldest that should be a lesson...never spray pledge on any flat, walkable surface!
ReplyDelete