Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fall



I love the fall season. This picture of the maple tree is close to what comes to mind when I think of autumn. The combination of the beginning of school and cooler weather has always made me feel like a little girl again. When I was little, I loved getting new school stuff to start off my school year. I do not know why I loved it so much since I did not like school. The fresh books and the fresh start just excited me. I always looked forward to the weather getting cooler because that meant that the county fair would soon come. Following the fair I could then look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanksgiving is my favorite season. This year I will be without my two oldest children. The oldest son is married. He and his wife will be travelling to her hometown in Alabama. My middle son is in college in Florida. We will celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday anyway, just the three of us. I am thankful that my children are happy where they are and where they are going. I am thankful for many things. When I see the beautiful trees like the one above, it reminds me to be thankful. I just love this season.

1 comment:

  1. thanksgiving is my favorite time of year as well. how about that!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet thoughts